THE WYLIE'S

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

FIRE! day 16

LOTS of issues with the check thing. So this check is to pay for my construction loss...minus my dedcutible. That makes sense to me, except I have a bid from a contractor for 10,000 that was supposedly approved by my insurance. WHAT! yes that is what I said, so i did what I do, i analyzed it and did the numbers on what I got vs what bid I had. Took out the differences like the carpet was on the bid but is being handled seperately and the bid included something that the insurance had for got and attic sealer. So I took those out and got a 2100 dollar difference. I looked at it and from what I can tell the contractor is trying to hit us with 2100 dollars that are pure profit on his part....hmm thats the way to run a business. We are trying to get it figured out and not letting them work while we do...so longer wait on the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment